The regulation of licenses is an important function of the California Department of Real Estate. The DRE was established in
1917 with the formation of the first-ever Real Estate Law in the country. With this law, licensing practices and licensees
are regulated in a manner which is emulated by many other states. The California Department of Real Estate exists to serve
the real property market and protects the transactions occurring in the real estate field.
The DRE grants licenses to Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons. Before applying for the real estate license, all the formalities of education and experience must be cleared. The DRE also handles the renewal of the licenses.
I want to...
- Licensee Advisories and Alerts
- Updating Your License
- Change DBA/Add Fictitious Business Name
- Renewing Your License
- Branch Office Licenses
- Designation of Branch/Division Managers
- Corporation Licenses
- Obtaining a Certified License History
- Continuing Education Requirements
- Loan Modification Disclosure Requirements