Do's and Don'ts for Exam Applicants
- Do complete the application form correctly and submit with the required fee. Any missing items may result in delays in obtaining an examination date.
Copies of official transcripts are generally acceptable evidence of completed courses, and should accompany the initial application.
- Do use the eLicensing online system to
inform the Bureau of any change in your exam mailing address.
- Do review the posted current processing timeframe to determine when your application will be processed.
If you requested to self schedule your exam date, you will receive notification by mail when your application has been processed and that you may now use
eLicensing online system to schedule your exam date. You can also check the status of your application
or reschedule your exam date through the Interactive Voice Response System by calling the CalBRE at
(877) 373-4542. If you have been scheduled, you can request a duplicate Examination Schedule Notice using the eLicensing online system.
- Do configure your fax transmission to produce a receipt.
- Don't send cash
- Don't mail or send duplicate faxes for the same transaction. This may result in your account inadvertently being charged
twice and an unintentional rescheduling of your examination date. Fees remitted will not be refunded per section
10207 of the Business and Professions Code.
Back to Top